2019 Open House
The 2019 Open House event is scheduled for April 5, 2019 in the Earth Science Building (ESB).
9:00-9:30am: Coffee – available in the ESB Atrium
9:30-10:45am: Morning Talks
- Introduction and highlights from teaching and learning in the Faculty of Science: Sara Harris (Associate Dean, Academic) and Gülnur Birol (Director, Skylight)
- Trio of featured talks:
- Elisa Baniassad (Computer Science): Mastery learning at scale
- Kayli Johnson (Chemistry/Vantage): ): Interactive videos to support active learning beyond the classroom
- Carl Wieman (Stanford/CWSEI): Teaching expert decision-making
11:00am-12:00pm: Interactive Session
- Acknowledgement of graduate students participating in CIRTL this past year: Brett Gilley (EOAS/Vantage/CIRTL)
- Teaching Challenges session: small group discussions exploring practical strategies for addressing common teaching issues in realistic teaching scenarios, such as problems with group work and low student engagement
12:00-1:00pm: Lunch and Chatting – ESB Atrium (posters available but not staffed)
1:00-3:00pm: Poster Session – posters staffed on a staggered schedule, plus dessert
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or feedback on previous events.