Supporting, training, and consulting services for UBC Science faculty on the use of learning technologies.
We serve an array of operational and pedagogical needs within UBC Science.
- Providing specific technical and functional information on learning technologies
- Training on the use and implementation of learning technologies
- Researching and developing new tools to further enhance the teaching and learning experience
- Advising on best practices and sharing tips on the use of learning technologies in the classroom
Skylight LT Workshops
Learning technology workshops specifically tailored to meet the needs of UBC Science faculty.
LT Hub & CTLT Events
A variety of workshops and events for the general audience that may be of interest to UBC Science faculty members.
Learning Technology Rovers
Learning Technology Rovers (LTRs) are co-op students who focus primarily on providing first-tier support for faculty and staff. LTR activities include:
- Providing one-on-one assistance with the use of various learning technologies
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues online or in-person
- Making appropriate referrals to the LT Hub, CTLT, and/or UBC IT when required
LTR Drop-in Sessions
LTRs will be at the sessions to support Science faculty with their learning technology questions. Join the LTR Virtual Drop-in Session
- Mondays, 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Wednesdays, 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Fridays, 1:00pm - 3:00pm
The LT Hub also offers all-day virtual drop-in support Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 4:30pm. Join the LT Hub Virtual Drop-in Session
If you are unable to attend the drop-in, you can also schedule an appointment with us by emailing LT.email@example.com.
Roves provide in-person support for any learning technology issues or questions UBC Science faculty members may have. LT Roves can help faculty:
- Learn how to use specific learning technologies and see an in-person demonstration
- Work through issues in person that are too difficult or complex to explain over email
- Include a student’s perspective in your course design