A list of resources for online exams is included below. The information in these resources offers recommendations and best practices for incorporating online alternatives that students can undertake remotely.
Alternate Exam Resources
This guide offers ideas and processes for how to approach online exams, discussing both Scheduled Online Exams and Take-home exams.
This guide also covers topics such as:
- Academic Integrity
- Question Design
- Exam Invigilation
- Considerations for Accessibility and Accommodation
- How to Incorporate Hand-Written Responses
- Student In-Exam Support
Learning Technologies for Online Exams and Invigilation
This guide offers information concerning various learning technologies and their features and constraints, both from the perspective of an instructor and a student.
The guide covers the following learning technologies:
Using Zoom for Exam Invigilation
This guide offers information about using Zoom for exam invigilation.
The guide covers:
- Communication with Students
- Recording Invigilation Sessions
- Roles and Permissions
- Setting up Zoom for Exam Invigilation
Promoting Academic Integrity
This handout is from the Skylight Online Workshop – Academic Integrity and Inclusive Practices in Online Courses
The handout covers:
- Creating a culture of academic integrity
- Engaging with design processes for online assessment
- Tailoring quizzes and exams for the online environment
Best Practices for Online Exams
This guide offers recommendations for how to best follow-through with online exams.
It covers topics such as:
- Exam set up
- Student Recommendations
- Managing large class sizes
- Technical Difficulties
- Accessibility and Accommodations
Last updated on: July 26, 2021